Rialto Capital Management, LLC (“RCM”) and, together with the other entities within the Rialto group of companies, “Rialto”, is an integrated real estate investment and asset management company that invests and manages assets throughout the capital structure in real estate properties, loans, and securities. As of September 30, 2019, Rialto has approximately $3.9 billion in equity under management, manages over $110 billion in CMBS assets and employs 234 professionals operating in 10 offices throughout the United States and 3 offices in Europe. The Investment Management Team is responsible for identifying, structuring and executing investments for Rialto sponsored investment vehicles. The Analyst will be responsible for supporting acquisition and asset management functions across all property types with a focus on major West Coast markets. This includes underwriting new opportunities for direct equity investments, including joint ventures and recapitalizations, select debt investment opportunities as well as supporting ongoing asset management duties for an existing portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite and analyze potential acquisitions, equity recapitalizations, joint-venture equity and select debt investments
- Build financial, valuation and sensitivity models for potential acquisitions of real estate assets and/or debt
- Model property and loan cash flows utilizing Excel and Argus to determine NPV and IRR of potential investments
- Coordinate due diligence process on new acquisitions, including legal, financial, and physical reviews
- Perform research on various markets throughout the U.S. and communicate with brokers and partners in these markets
- Conduct property / site inspections as needed for existing and potential assets
- Maintain current ARGUS models for Western Region assets and assist team with annual business plans, quarterly reports, and quarterly valuations.
- Draft and prepare investment briefs and presentations to senior management and Investment Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or other related field preferred
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills are required, with the ability to multi-task
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
While performing the duties of this job, the Analyst is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The Analyst must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Evening and weekend work is, at times, required.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.