The CMBS Compliance Associate reports to the Compliance Director and is responsible for assisting the Compliance Director in promoting an environment of compliance within the CMBS Servicing and Asset Management functions. The Compliance Associate will perform transactional analysis, test work and will execute continuous monitoring of activities, within the CMBS Servicing and Asset Management functions (and other areas as needed), to ensure the Company maintains alignment with contractual requirements, internal policies, procedures and guidelines, and rules and regulations relevant to the CMBS Special Servicing and Asset Management activities of the Company.
- Perform, review and create abstracts of Pooling and Servicing Agreements, and any other documents as may be required, in order to identify key requirements and obligations of the Company
- Become adept at using key, proprietary systems to complete compliance tasks
- Maintain portfolio and deal level contracts and agreements libraries. Ensure all deal level documents are obtained immediately upon deal closing
- Prepare and analyze reports for monitoring loan advances, compliance ticklers relating to asset status reports, inspections, appraisals and any additional compliance requirement(s) identified as the responsibility of the special servicer under each PSA
- Assist in the review of annual Compliance Certifications
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory compliance filings
- Download TREPP reports for all active deals on a monthly basis for internal use
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience ideally in CMBS, and other areas of structured real estate finance.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements of Reg AB
- Highly attentive to detail. Thrives in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication. A writing sample might be requested.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel. Familiarity with standard industry applications (Trepp, Bloomberg Terminal, BI, etc.) is a plus.