The CMBS Collateral Surveillance team monitors more than $100B in CMBS transactions and is responsible for assessing the credit quality and risk factors attributable to CMBS loans in the portfolio through underwriting, market research and analytics. We are seeking an experienced Analyst with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience to join our team. A core focus of this role will be the underwriting of new issue and performing CMBS loans collateralized by various Commercial Real Estate types (e.g. Office, Retail, Multifamily, Hotels, Industrial, etc.) Additionally, the Surveillance Analyst will be responsible for monitoring loan and property performance, creating reports and presentations for senior management and using data analytics to assess and present portfolio exposure.
- Underwriting & Credit Monitoring:
- Thorough underwriting and cash flow analysis at the loan and property level on original B-Piece acquisitions and performing loans in the CMBS portfolio. Analysts will have the opportunity to underwrite loans secured by all property types in all 50 states across the U.S.
- Monitor and evaluate credit metrics, loan and property performance, maturities and dispositions; tracking changes in performance and analyzing risk in assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate with Master Servicers to assure adherence with loan documents including loan covenants, cash management triggers and potential defaults.
- Prepare and present Portfolio Reviews to senior management.
- Market Conditions & Exposure Events:
- Monitor news sources to create exposure reports using data analytics to summarize risk to portfolio.
- Conduct research on market and economic trends, interpreting market conditions and assessing impact to collateral.
- Coordinate with the Master Servicers and REO team on major disaster events and site visits.
- Preparation of monthly reports for multiple departments including the executive team.
- Assist VP of Surveillance in automating standardized reports and improving department processes.
- Ad hoc reporting projects for senior management including portfolio statistics and market studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in commercial real estate, CMBS or structured finance.
- Strong work ethic; ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication; ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Well-organized with extremely high attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting legal documents including loan agreements.
- Exposure to Trepp, Power BI, Real Capital Analytics, Co-Star and Bloomberg Terminal will be an advantage.
- Interest in big data, business intelligence, and integrating new technology platforms is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Evening or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines.
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: e-verify.gov/.