The CMBS Analyst – Underwriting Specialist will work closely with asset managers, company leadership and professional service firms in the day-to-day management and advancement of Specially Serviced loans in Rialto’s portfolio. This individual will have a blend of commercial asset valuation and legal contract experience and provide exceptional due diligence capabilities for new portfolio acquisitions. Strong analytic capabilities and leadership skills are key desired attributes. A core focus of this role will be the underwriting of new issue and performing CMBS loans collateralized by various Commercial Real Estate types (e.g. Office, Retail, Multifamily, Hotels, Industrial, etc.)
- Thorough underwriting and cash flow analysis at the loan and property level on original B-Piece acquisitions and performing loans currently held in our CMBS portfolio.
- Analysts will have the opportunity to underwrite loans secured by all property types in all 50 states across the U.S.
- Comprehensive analysis and understanding of loan collateral dynamics, value determination, and resolution alternatives;
- Conduct local market analysis and research;
- Engagement of and interaction with third party consultants including attorneys, receivers, management/leasing companies, appraisers, environmental engineers, and surveyors;
- Preparation of quarterly budget and cash flow projections;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience, preferably in CMBS, commercial real estate or structured finance.
- Strong work ethic; ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication; ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Well-organized with extremely high attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting legal documents including loan agreements.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Evening or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
- Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: e-verify.gov/.