The Senior Data Engineer helps architect modern IT solutions to Rialto’s businesses in an agile DevOps environment, on Azure cloud. The Senior Data Engineer will design and develop data models for Rialto’s business applications such as CMBS, Bond Cash Flows and Real Estate Assets. The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting Data related technologies such as databases, ETL, APIs, Integrations from various systems, and Azure Data Factory Pipelines for Rialto’s Investment Management & Asset Management business lines. The Senior Data Engineer will work in tandem with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Scrum Master and will provide guidance to the Off-shore team, enhancing the value of Rialto’s Information Exchange framework. In addition, the Senior Data Engineer will provide feedback to the Director to continually improve the value delivery of the Data team to the business and support advanced analytics initiatives for a modern data platform.
- Architect IT implementation for Rialto’s business lines such as CMBS, Bond cash flows, Real Estate Assets:
- Meet with business frequently and gather requirements
- Design, build and rollout the solutions
- Database design and stored procedure development
- Plan and Participate in Agile/Scrum/Sprint meetings in accordance with our CI/CD DevOps principles:
- Document user stories after getting together with business
- Prioritize the stories in the Product backlog and Sprint cycles
- Orchestrate the flow of information between various 3rd party systems and Rialto’s own BI platform in Azure
- Enhance the BI/Data platform to provide more actionable insights to the business (“the right data at the right time in the right format” principle)
- Create meaningful reporting frameworks to display key KPIs and configure key alerts
- Follow ITIL principles and work on creating a service catalog to cater to business needs
- Plan and execute on effective use of data including integrations from various vendors such as Yardi, Argus, Investran, Integrity, Concur
- Use APIs to move data around between various systems
- Create, Maintain and Modify Azure Data Factory Pipelines to satisfy business needs
- Migrate Azure Data Factory V1 to V2; Migrate U-SQL to Data Flows
- Improve Reliability, Availability and Serviceability of Data stores and processes
- Automate manual processes for file exchanges between important business systems
- Analyze business processes and create reconciliation and exception reports in Power BI
- Provide direction for the larger team in Offshore: both technical and business knowledge
- Review and refine policies related to Data Quality, Data Governance, MDM
- Aid in future plans for AI/ML/RPA/Data Science
- Associate degree in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, mathematics or equivalent
- Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school and five years of experience as an SQL Developer/DBA/BI Developer, or expertise in Azure Data Lake (store and analytics) and Azure Data Factory may be substituted for the education requirement
- 8+ years of experience with relational database systems (Microsoft SQL Server preferred) and SQL development tools
- 3+ years of familiarity with BI/DW design principles including Star and Snowflake schema, Fact/Dimensional modelling etc.
- 3+ years of data integration tools and methodologies – including APIs, ETL and various methods of connectivity, file transfer and transformations between multiple systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following (expertise not required): SQL Server, Power BI, Azure, Azure Data Factory, Transact SQL, U-SQL
- 1+ year of experience in Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Awareness of ITIL/COBIT principles
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
- Knowledge/Experience of Real estate business, Rent roll analysis
- Knowledge/Experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge/Experience in Securities and trading
- Knowledge/Experience in cash flow analysis, bond modelling
- Visual Studio, .NET, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
- Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: e-verify.gov/.