The Sr HR Business Partner provides broad generalist support in the various functional areas of the Human Resources with an emphasis on recruitment. The Sr HR Business Partner is the first point of contact for our Associates, and executes companywide programs and procedures with a strong service orientation. The role proactively interacts with all levels of management, Associates, and candidates in a fast-paced environment. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. As an integral member of the HR team, the Sr HR Business Partner supports departmental projects and initiatives, and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Manages the talent flow through the full lifecycle including onboarding new hires, offboarding terminations, and processing internal personnel changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Welcomes new hires and conducts New Associate Orientation. Conducts 60-day landing reviews with new hires and their managers.
- Maintains accurate and complete personnel files, organizational charts and job descriptions.
- Responds to HR inquiries on policies, practices, procedures and benefits.
- Supports the delivery of HR Training and Development Programs, the Performance Management program, Benefits Annual Enrollment and other initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Associate communications, and contributes to successful corporate and community events, including Associate meetings and the annual United Way campaign.
- Provides direct support to Talent Acquisition in the company’s recruitment efforts. In partnership with hiring leadership, delivers the best talent in a proactive and timely manner.
- Supports the recruitment for open positions including advertising, sourcing, screening, interviewing, managing interview schedules, ensuring complete and accurate pre-employment packages, conducting reference checks, and processing background checks.
- Manages recruitment activity using tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Handshake and the Company Website.
- Supports the implementation of the new Workday Talent Management system including applicant tracking.
- Promotes college recruiting through participation in career fairs, including screening candidates and presenting the most qualified ones.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Human Resources, business administration or a related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of HR and/or recruitment experience with knowledge of core HR policies, procedures, and practices including employment law fundamentals is required.
- HR certifications are preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven relationship building skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Workday experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands simultaneously and following through for effective and timely resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and the ability to discreetly manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven team-player who works collaboratively and constructively with others towards common goals.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel occasionally for career fairs, college visits and meetings as applicable (~15% travel).