Benefits, Leaves of Absence and Workers’ Compensation
- Manages the overall planning, design, administration and communication of all Health and Welfare benefit plans.
- Manages the overall planning, design, administration and communication of the 401(k) Plan, including interfacing with and supporting the Investment and Administration Committees and managing the relationships with the recordkeeper, ERISA counsel and third party co-fiduciary.
- Responsible for annual benefits review and renewal, including market-based plan design and contribution recommendations, as well as open enrollment planning and execution.
- Analyzes business requirements and needs, benchmarks to market, and provides recommendations to implement new and/or to upgrade existing benefit plans, products, processes, and systems.
- Ensures compliance of all benefit programs including filings, reporting, and testing (5500s, 1095Cs, SPDs, SBCs, SARs, non-discrimination testing, etc.).
- Performs regular audits and reconciliations, independently and in conjunction with broker, carriers, vendors, and accounting personnel.
- Develops, documents and communicates policies and procedures related to benefits administration.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for continuous development of automation projects to streamline benefits administration, leveraging vendor technologies and improving the efficiency and accuracy of benefits data and workflows.
- Manages Leaves of Absence and Workers’ Compensation programs and claims.
- Acts as primary contact for Associates and Managers regarding benefits & LOA issues, questions and decisions regarding eligibility and other related topics. Ensures value-add, timely, professional, consistent and legally compliant responses are provided and documented.
- Serves as the HRMS Lead Administrator, working with technical consultants and vendors to manage and maintain business processes, integrations, security configuration and key administrative functionality in UltiPro and other HR third party systems including employment compliance training, hotline, and emergency notification systems.
- Evaluates and recommends new/upgraded HR systems including performance management, applicant tracking and learning management.
- Manages the review, testing and implementation of HRMS modules and new/upgraded HR systems.
- Collaborates with the SHRM of Compensation & People Analytics and/or technical consultants in developing detailed HR analytics and dashboards, and providing regular reports.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines, documentation, and conducts training on new processes and systems.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning employment and provides support to the HR team, including all required notices and postings.
- Leads the preparation and filing of all regulatory reporting such as E-Verify, EEO-1 and OSHA.
- Proactively contributes to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, and maintains the Associate Reference Guide and Code of Business Ethics & Conduct for US and Europe.
- Ensures ADA compliance, collaborating with the CHRO in managing individual cases.
- Ensures immigration compliance, collaborating with counsel and the SHRM in managing individual cases.
Training & Development and Performance Management
- Designs, develops and updates HR training programs based on identified competency needs, continually building the curriculum including New Associate Orientation, Employment Compliance Training (Code of Ethics and Workplace Free from Discrimination and Harassment) and Management Training.
- Designs, develops, updates and manages the Performance Management process and its related systems and tools.
- Manages the HR content of the Rialto Website and the Rialto Portal; manages the Company’s LinkedIn account.
- Develops the content and issues the Rialto monthly Associate newsletter: the Bridge.
Compensation & Payroll Support
- Collaborates closely with the SHRM of Compensation & People Analytics, assisting with roll-outs and special projects as well as serving as each other’s back-up.
- Quality reviews Compensation and other HR reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Assists in the review of Payroll Registers, particularly those of Special Payrolls.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field is required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the implementation and management of Benefits Best Practices is required. Recognized subject matter expertise with mastery of methodologies, policies and practices within the Health & Welfare and the Retirement arenas.
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, filings and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, HIPAA, Section 125, Workers’ Compensation, Medicare, and DOL requirements.
- HRMS power user experience is required; UltiPro experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Compensation is required. Experience with Payroll and GL is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including advanced formulas and pivot tables with substantial experience reporting and analyzing both regular and ad hoc compensation, benefits, and other HR data is required.
- Advanced analytical skills, with financial and business acumen are required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the effective design and implementation of Training & Development and/or Performance Management programs is strongly preferred.
- Experience in change management, program implementation and project management is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be team-oriented and work well in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines with short notice are required.