The Sr. Vice President of Loan Asset Management will work closely with company leadership and professional service firms in the day-to-day management and advancement of Specially Serviced loans in Rialto’s portfolio. This individual will have a blend of commercial loan asset management experience and provide exceptional due diligence capabilities for new portfolio acquisitions. Strong analytic capabilities and leadership skills are key desired attributes.
- Proactive oversight and timely resolution of an assigned portfolio of Specially Serviced loans;
- Comprehensive analysis and understanding of collateral and loan positioning, value determination, resolution alternatives, negotiate complex transactions;
- Engagement of and interaction with third party consultants including attorneys, receivers, management/leasing companies, appraisers, environmental engineers, and surveyors;
- Thorough understanding of and compliance with the governing loan documents (if any), loan servicing agreements, REMIC regulations, investor reporting requirements and state and federal laws governing foreclosures, receivership actions, and bankruptcies;
- Presentation and recommendation of resolution strategies to company leadership;
- Quarterly budget and cash flow preparations and projections;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Initiative including the ability to complete complex tasks timely and with a minimum of supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required preferably specializing in Real Estate or Financial related fields
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the workout of non-performing commercial real estate loans or asset dispositions
- Working knowledge of standard commercial property types, and/or residential acquisition, construction and development is necessary
- Knowledge of bank, conventional, agency, and/or commercial mortgage backed securities origination and servicing is recommended
- Ability to underwrite commercial real estate and/or residential acquisition, development and construction transactions, as well as possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, while familiarity of standard industry software applications (e.g., Excel, Argus) is considered a plus