The Tax Associate/Senior will provide support the Director of Tax and Tax Managers on all tax-related matters. Experience with compliance and tax research required. The Tax Associate/Senior must be able to handle deadlines and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the preparation of corporate and partnership tax returns, including federal and multi-state income and franchise tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly estimated income tax payments
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations
- Assist with investor-related questions and requests
- Assist with IRS and state tax authority audit defense
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Perform tax research and analysis on special projects as needed
- Work with various departments (including accounting, treasury, investor relations) to gather information necessary for tax returns
- Review tax returns prepared by outside accounting firms and assist with the filing process
- Prepare/review models for projections
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred
- Three or more years relevant experience
- Partnership tax experience preferred
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, strong tax compliance skills, including account reconciliation and analysis of book/tax differences. Self-motivated. Value-added focus. Self-review required. Independent thinker.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel required; PowerPoint, Visio preferred), tax research software, and tax compliance software.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. [Evening or weekend work may be necessary to meet deadlines.]
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
- Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: e-verify.gov/.