The Tax Manager will provide support to the Director of Tax and Tax Senior Manager on all tax-related matters. Experience with compliance and tax research required. The Tax Manager must be able to handle deadlines and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the accumulation of data for the preparation of multi-state partnership and corporate tax returns and estimated payments by outside accounting firm
- Review and prepare tax filings in-house
- Tax planning and structuring of real estate funds to meet the needs of diverse investor group ensuring the highest degree of compliance
- Involvement with all areas of the tax provision
- Reporting estimates of taxable income to investors
- Assist with investor-related questions and requests
- Assist with IRS and state tax authority audit defense
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with Masters in Taxation preferred or a JD with an LLM
- CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting or corporate / partnership tax
- Knowledge of partnership taxation for domestic, foreign and tax exempt investors
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, strong tax compliance skills, including account reconciliation and analysis of book/tax differences. Self-motivated. Value-added focus. Self-review required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel required; PowerPoint, Visio preferred), tax research software, and tax compliance software.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Presentation skills required, with exposure to CFO and other senior management
- Motivated, assertive individual that must interact with all levels in company and investors
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Rialto is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age (40+), disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), or any other legally protected status.
- Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit: e-verify.gov/.