The Vice President – Appraisals works closely with internal asset managers, company leadership and external professional service firms to manage the appraisal process and procedures across our portfolio of commercial real estate properties. The VP Appraisals manages the completion of projects in connection with commercial real estate appraisal and valuation which may include analyzing complex highest and best use scenarios, estimation of cash flows utilizing discounted cash flow models, analyses of comparable sales and cost analyses.
- Oversees the property appraisal processes and procedures for our portfolio of varied commercial real estate properties in accordance with industry standards
- Reviews, analyses and validates third party appraisals, including recurring appraisals for all commercial real estate types
- Engages and interacts with third party consultants including attorneys, receivers, management/leasing companies, appraisers, environmental engineers, and surveyors to effectively and efficiently execute the appraisal process
- Conducts local market analyses and research
- Underwrites and performs cash flow analyses at the loan and property level on original B-Piece acquisitions and performing loans currently held in our CMBS portfolio, including loans secured by all property types in all 50 states across the U.S.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 7+ years of commercial real estate valuation/appraisal experience, with experience across the full range of property types including retail, office, multifamily, industrial, hospitality, etc.
- 2+ years of managerial experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- ARGUS proficiency required
- Certified Appraiser license required
- MAI and/or MRICS/FRICS designation a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced analytical, research, reporting and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with internal asset managers, external brokers and other market participants
- Strong organizational skills with extremely high attention to detail and the ability to work independently managing multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment