- Overall business plan execution for a portfolio of assets located throughout the West Coast
- Identify and recommend prospective third-party leasing and property management teams for assigned portfolio. Monitor performance of retained service providers and periodically benchmark performance against business plan and peer group assets in respective market areas. Recommend corrective measures as necessary.
- Develop, recommend and implement approved capital improvement strategies across the portfolio, including vendor selection and contract negotiation for major and/or critical path projects, oversight of on-site third party vendor activities, review and approval of progress payment applications, preparation and submission of draw requests, and processing or partial and final-lien releases.
- Direct preparation of annual business plans, including annual leasing strategies, operating budgets, capital improvement budgets, and monetization strategies. Present recommendations to senior management with sufficient supporting materials to facilitate expedient and informed decision making. Ensure timely implementation and successful execution of approved plans.
- Manage relationships with key partners, brokers, and operations teams in select markets.
- Periodic reporting as required by senior management, joint venture partners, lenders, and investor relations.
- Make strategic hold/sell recommendations and oversee asset disposition process
- Assist with acquisitions process, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience in institutional real estate asset management, acquisitions experience a plus
- Relevant commercial real estate analytical experience (office, retail, multifamily and mixed-use) in acquisitions, asset/portfolio management and/or real estate finance.
- Advanced financial analysis, forecasting and modeling skills with the ability to translate analysis quickly into practical results
- Knowledge base of key construction/development processes, concepts, and contracts
- Willingness to travel for extended periods and with minimal notice as required by operational activities and as directed by senior management.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing projects to ensure timely deliverables
- Excellent communication & organization skills with the ability to present analyses and recommendations in verbal and/or written formats
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus